Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Tip #3: Don't be an Asshole

Sometimes I have glass half empty days.  I like to think that like Henry Rollins, "my optimism wears heavy boots and is loud" but of course this isn't always true.  Some days, I feel I can't be bothered, have been done wrong and there's no g.d. milk left in the jug. What's the effing point of it all?!

I, like most full grown whiners, call my Mum is hopes of sympathy, consolation and commiseration.  However, what I get is, "Don't be an asshole."

And you what, she's right.  Nobody else should wear my bad day. I need to suck it up, get myself out the door for an endorphin kick or if all else fails throw a pity party with sugary snacks and bad teevee for a sum total of 47 minutes; my bad mood isn't worth more time (is yours?).  I need to remind myself that no one else needs to wear my bad day.

And while we're at it, I'm not going to wear yours either.


I also find to have a tendency to to be an asshole on my really, really good days.  Everything is so effing great and I'm so effing wonderful... I've got to remember not everyone is feeling as awesome as I am. So again if you're awesome, don't be an asshole about that either!

Take note, John McEnroe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or no??